|Polk County Collector
|Polk County, MO
Property sold for delinquent taxes may be redeemed within one year from the issuance of a Certificate of Purchase as follows:
1. Advise the Collector's Office at least 3 business days prior to the date you will be redeeming. We recommend scheduling an appointment and allowing twenty minutes for processing.
2. Pay the Collector the amount of the Certificate of Purchase plus 10% annual interest on the tax amount.
3. Pay the Collector the amount of subsequent years taxes paid plus 8% annual interest.
4. Pay for recording of the redemption certificate.
5. Pay for any legally required costs of the purchaser.
The Collector's Office will notify the Certificate of Purchase holder when the property has been redeemed. The Certificate of Purchase must be surrendered to the Collector before the holder will be reimbursed the bid amount plus interest. The Collector will deliver a county check to the Certificate of Purchase holder for the redeemed amount.